With the help of Zapier integration you can automatically export Setka posts' HTML-code and other data from your Setka account and then send this data to other CMS.
This is how you can set automatic posts export to Shopify via Zapier integration.
Table of content
Before you start
Add Setka Zapier App to your Zapier account before you start the export.
Note: you might need Zapier premium account to connect Setka to Shopify.
Set Zapier for posts' export to Shopify
In order to automatically export posts from your Setka account you need to create a new Zap and set Setka as a trigger and Shopify as an action there:
Step 1: Create new Zap
1. Open your Zapier account and click Make a Zap in a left hand corner:
2. Find Setka in a list of available apps and set it as a trigger:
Step 2. Choose a trigger event
Find New post in a Trigger Event list and click Continue. This script will work once you publish a new post in your Setka account.
Step 3. Connect Setka account
Note: skip this step if you have already connected your account.
Click Sign in to Setka and enter your license key in the appeared window:
The license key can be found in an Integrations section in your Setka account once you click on Other CMS.
Choose the added account from the appeared list and click Continue to go the the next step.
Step 4. Set up a trigger
Choose Published in the Post State dropdown list. Thus, changing post's state to Published will launch the following script:
Step 5. Test the trigger
To test the trigger try to publish a post in your Setka account. To do that click Publish on the post's badge. After that click Test trigger in Zapier interface and check the data received.
Step 6. Add an action
1. Find Shopify in an Action block with the help of a search field. Choose it.
2. Choose a Create Blog Entry action from the appeared Action Event list and click Continue:
Step 7. Connect Shopify account
1. Click Sign in to Shopify and insert login data. Skip this step if you have already connected the account.
2. Choose the connected account from an appeared Shopify account: (required) list and click Continue.
Step 8. Mark out the data for Shopify
Settings will lead you to a Set up action block. From an appeared Blog code block choose Shopify where your Setka posts will be exported to.
Then replace Shopify post fields with Setka post data. Set the following:
1. Title data for a Title field.
2. Author Name data for an Author Name field.
3. Replace the Content field with the data according to this template:
<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" href="[Assets Styles Common CSS]" />
<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" href="[Assets Styles Layouts CSS]" />
<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" href="[Assets Styles Themes CSS]" />
<script src="[Assets Plugins]"></script>
4. If you want to save exported posts in Shopify as draft, choose False in an Is Published field. If you want to instantly publish your posts, choose True. Save changes by clicking Continue.
5. After that you will be offered to test publishing in Shopify. Please note that by clicking Test & Continue a post will be exported to Shopify right from your Setka account.
Click Skip Test to pass testing.
Step 9. Activate Zap
The setting is done. You can activate posting with the help of a switch box in the upper right hand corner:
Now your Setka posts will export automatically to Shopify after clicking Publish in your Setka account. To run export manually click Run in a Zaps menu:
A free Zapier account checks for the new published Setka posts not more often than once in 15 minutes. If you export the first post instantly, the next one will be exported not earlier than in 15 minutes. You can learn more about terms and conditions on the official Zapier website.