This is how you can set automatic posts export to Webflow via Zapier integration.
Table of contents
Before you start
Add Setka Zapier App to your Zapier account before you start the export.
CMS Collections in Webflow
When it comes to blog posts, Webflow uses CMS Collections, the databases, where content units are being classified under certain features. E.g.: blog posts, author profiles or open job pages.
With the help of Zapier you can create items inside of certain CMS Collections. For example, these items can define blog posts.
Thus, in order to export Setka posts to Webflow, you will need a CMS Collection. Follow these steps to create CMS Collection:
1. Open your project in Webflow.
2. Open CMS panel in the left-hand corner of the menu and click Create New Collection.
3. Fill the suggested fields and click Create Collection in the right hand corner.
A Free and Starter Zapier account plan checks for the new published Setka posts not more often than once in 15 minutes. If you export the first post instantly, the next one will be exported not earlier than in 15 minutes. You can learn more about terms and conditions on the official Zapier website.
Set Zapier for posts' export to Webflow
In order to automatically export posts from your Setka account you need to create a new Zap and set Setka as a trigger and Webflow as an action there:
Step 1: Create new Zap
1. Open your Zapier account and click Make a Zap in a left hand corner:
2. Find Setka in a list of available apps and set it as a trigger:
Step 2. Choose a trigger event
Find New post in a Trigger Event list and click Continue. This script will work once you publish a new post in your Setka account.
Step 3. Connect Setka account
Note: skip this step if you have already connected your account.
Click Sign in to Setka and enter your license key in the appeared window:
The license key can be found in an Integrations section in your Setka account once you click on Other CMS.
Choose the added account from the appeared list and click Continue to go the the next step.
Step 4. Set up a trigger
Choose Published in the Post State dropdown list. Thus, changing post's state to Published will launch the following script:
Step 5. Test the trigger
To test the trigger try to publish a post in your Setka account. To do that click Publish on the post's badge. After that click Test trigger in Zapier interface and check the data received.
Step 6. Add an action
1. Find Webflow in an Action block with the help of a search field. Choose it.
2. Choose a Create Item action from the appeared Action Event list and click Continue:
Step 7. Connect Webflow account
1. Click Sign in to Webflow and insert login data. Skip this step if you have already connected the account.
2. Note the websites where you are planning to publish your Setka posts with a check mark and click Authorize Application:
3. Choose the connected account from an appeared Webflow account: (required) list and click Continue.
Step 8. Mark out the data for Webflow
Settings will lead you to a Set up action block. From an appeared Blog code block choose Webflow website where your Setka posts will be exported to. Choose the needed CMS Collection from a Collection list.
Then replace Webflow post fields with Setka post data. Set the following:
1. Title data for a post's title field (if available).
2. Author Name data for a field that contains the author's name (if available).
3. Replace the field with a full version of a post with the data according to this template:
<div class="w-embed w-script">
<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" href="[Assets Styles Common CSS]" />
<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" href="[Assets Styles Layouts CSS]" />
<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" href="[Assets Styles Themes CSS]" />
<script src="[Assets Plugins]"></script>
4. If you want to save exported posts in CMS Collection as draft choose False in a Draft field. If you want to instantly publish your posts, choose True. The same for an Archived field: choose True to draft the post or click False to save it as published.
Save changes by clicking Continue.
5. After that you will be offered to test publishing in Webflow. Please note that by clicking Test & Continue a post will be exported to Webflow right from your Setka account.
Click Skip Test to pass testing.
Step 9. Activate Zap
The setting is done. You can activate posting with the help of a switch box in the upper right hand corner:
Now your Setka posts will export automatically to Webflow after clicking Publish in your Setka account. To run export manually click Run in a Zaps menu: